The way new members are now registered with SigEp Headquarters has changed. This new process will make reporting new members a breeze, streamline the invoicing process to begin collecting chapter dues, and provide your new members instantaneous access to the tools they need. Your chapter must follow this new process to report your new members, so please read this page in its entirety.
New members are now reported in two steps:
- Officers Report new members on mySigEp – as new members are Reported through the new recruitment tool in mySigEp, chapters are invoiced for their $300 lifetime registration fee, and they’re welcomed to SigEp via email to complete their registration on mySigEp.
- New members Register their account on mySigEp – after new members follow the steps via email to Register, they will gain immediate access to the BMP App and greekbill, and their new member box is ordered.
UPDATED MYSIGEP PORTAL
We recently launched mySigEp, a new portal to manage your personal contact information and access chapter tools. The old officer portal you may have previously registered new members on is no longer accessible. Additionally, there is no longer a form on SigEp’s website for new members to register or pay for themselves. There is one, streamlined method to register new members through mySigEp. Here’s the process:
- Login to mySigEp. If you haven’t logged in yet, click “Sign Up” at mysigep.org and use the email address you’re receiving this email from to match to your account in our database and set up your FSID.
- Once you finish setting up your account, click on your chapter’s name in the top right corner.
Click on the “Recruitment” icon.
- If the member you’re trying to add isn’t already on your mySigEp potential new member list, add the potential new member and update his status to Bid Extended.
- Chapter officers will then have the ability to click a red “Report” button on the bid extended category and select only the members who have already accepted their bids.
- On the next page, add their join date and click submit. These members will be automatically added to your chapter roster as brothers.
- New members will then receive an invitation to register with mySigEp and verify their contact information and current mailing address to receive their new member box.
NEW BILLING PROCESS FOR NEW MEMBERS
After new members are reported by chapter officers, the chapter will be automatically invoiced for the $300 lifetime registration fee for each new member. To view and pay the invoices in mySigEp:
- The chapter president or vice president of finance should login to mySigEp. See above for instructions on how to login if you haven’t already.
- From there, click on your chapter name in the top right corner.
- Click on the “Statement” icon.
- From here, you’ll be able to see every outstanding charge that is owed to the grand chapter. Fall and Spring bills, late fees, and new member registrations will all appear in this statement.
- Select the invoice you wish to pay by checking the box to the left of the invoice line item. If you wish to make a partial payment, you may edit the total amount in the right column. Then click make payment to be directed to a payment screen to submit card details.
We can no longer accept the $300 payments directly from new members. The chapter must pay HQ for its new members directly, and then collect reimbursement from the new members. Please make sure to only report brothers that have fully accepted your bid and have joined your chapter.
The first 30 days of a new member’s experience is critical to his retention in the chapter. We’ve made these infrastructure changes above to be able to provide new members immediate access to the tools they need for a good first impression and experience in your SigEp chapter.
Now that new members are registered immediately upon an officer reporting them in mySigEp, rather than waiting to collect dues and submit a bulk payment, new members will receive instantaneous access to mySigEp to finish setting up their account and receive their new member box, as well as gain access to the new BMP App when it relaunches later this summer. This will ensure that new members have a valuable first few weeks in your chapter and are more likely to stick around longer.
Additionally, for chapters using greekbill, as soon as your new members are added through mySigEp, they’ll automatically be added to your greekbill roster, so you’ll be able to bill them their $300 registration fee with little friction. Not using greekbill yet? Let me know and I can help you setup a demo!
NEW RECRUITMENT TOOLS
mySigEp has a new built-in potential new member list that your entire chapter can access and add potential new members to! It’s important that you review this potential new member list during your scheduled weekly recruitment committee meetings.
We’ve installed new integrated forms directly on your chapter site that will help potential new members express interest in joining your chapter, as well as receive referrals from alumni and friends for prospective members to join your chapter. These leads will automatically be added to your potential new member list. Since installing these forms on Chapter Sites just a couple weeks ago, we’ve already seen over 100 new potential new members express interest in joining SigEp!
An example of these two new integrated forms are below: