SigEp’s best chapters have two things in common: they hold a thoughtful and well-structured election process and conduct a comprehensive transition retreat to establish continuity and ensure incoming leaders are setup for success.
Officer elections are one of the most overlooked, yet important, processes chapters implement. Great chapters ensure that the top candidates run, are elected, are prepared to take the office and are successful as they take on newfound responsibility among their brothers.
The process of transitioning officers is one of the most critical steps in the long-term stability and success of a chapter. Executive board members are the elected leaders of the chapter. Their ability to set the tone and direction of the chapter will determine its success. When leaders change, a smooth officer transition is the only way to ensure operational consistency and continued success.
There are multiple resources available on mySigEp such as:
- Officer Transition Guide- This guide outlines what you need to know about each of the six steps in the transition process.
- Maximizing Officer Elections- This guide walks you through the four step process to maximize officer elections.
- Problem Pyramid- This document shows the cause and effect of issues and how to find a solution.
- Student Guide to University Partnerships- This guide defines ways to effectively create positive relationships with your University.
- Professional Experience Translator- This documents helps translate officer position with professional job descriptions and skills.
These are just a few resources that are available for you to utilize throughout the election cycle. The link below will take you to resources found on mySigEp.