The Sigma Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation is the vehicle for alumni, family, friends, and other like-minded organizations to build a legacy and change lives. We fund endeavors for "Building Balanced Men." We support environments that foster academic achievement, scholarships that encourage excellence, and educational programs that develop leadership and personal potential.
With the cost of college consistently on the rise, scholarships are transformative to undergraduate members, helping them in their academic pursuits. The award criteria and recipients are selected by the sponsoring local Alumni and Volunteer Corporation (AVC).
Balanced Man Scholarships
Balanced Man Scholarship Funds provide scholarships to students seeking to invest in themselves and their community, who are attracted to the ideals of living a balanced lifestyle.
These sponsorships are transformative to undergraduates and allow them to attend and engage in the many leadership programs SigEp offers, without the barrier of financial hardship.
Chapter Investment Funds
CIFs are held by individual chapters with the SigEp Educational Foundation and support various educational initiatives and advance SigEp’s learning community vision. Click here to view frequently asked questions about CIF endowments.
Grants that support chapter homes
There are several types of grants that support chapter homes:
- Residential Learning Community (RLC) Grants are available from restricted chapter funds like a chapter’s RLC Fund or CIF Fund, held with the Sigma Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation. RLC Grants can cover the cost of purchase, construction or renovation of educational areas in the chapter house such as libraries, study rooms, computer rooms or museums. It may also be used for educational furnishings, including relevant technology installations.
- Annual operational grants are also available from a chapter’s RLC Fund or CIF Fund in subsequent years to cover the annual expenses related to operating these educational areas.
Requesting funds has never been easier! Now in mySigEp, there’s a button to request funds directly from one of your AVC’s funds held at the SigEp Educational Foundation. This form includes tuition scholarships, Balanced Man Scholarship funds, chapter investment funds, grants and reimbursements.
1. Login to mySigEp
2. Select the AVC you’d like to view the funds for
3. Click the “AVC Funds Dashboard” button
4. To the right of the fund you wish to request scholarships, grants, program sponsorships, or reimbursements from, you can click the “Request Funds” button.
5. From here, you will complete the form.
After completing the form for a scholarship request, you’ll receive a confirmation email when the request is received AND when the request has been finalized and the check is on the way!
For questions related to an AVC account including disbursement requests please contact Tina Matarese, Donor Relations Coordinator at 804.839.1339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Any requests to expedite shipping of scholarship checks will incur a fee to the scholarship fund in use. If checks are not cashed within 90 days of date issued, they become invalid. If your check(s) is invalid, please send it back to us for reissue. Checks that are not returned are subject to a stop payment fee of $35.