Launch your career with in-person, professional development education and one-on-one consultations from industry leaders across the SigEp alumni network. Whether you are a freshman just starting to think about the next steps or a senior applying for your first job, Life After College can help you get the edge on the competition.
At this program, you will explore topics from leading experts, like:
- Navigating a job market
- Applying for graduate school
- Personal finance
- Professional etiquette
- Selling your SigEp experience
- Salary negotiation
- Mental health
- Interview tips
- And more!
Life After College will consist of fast-paced, high-energy workshops, where you’ll have the opportunity to choose between session options that most interest you and will reinvigorate your professional development! There will also be large group sessions and opportunities for one-on-one consultations to further your knowledge and shape your roadmap for success
Life After College will take place on November 3 - 4 in Towson, MD. Thanks to the generosity of SigEp’s donors, registration for this program is FREE for all undergraduates.
The full 2024 schedule will be available in the early fall. In the meantime, see below for what to generally expect:
- Friday, November 3rd
- (Optional) 5:30 - 8 PM: One-on-one Consultations - Sign-up in advance
- 8 - 9 PM: Kick-off Session & Refreshments
- 9:10 - 10:00 PM: Breakout Session Block #1 (Choose between two sessions
- Saturday, November 4th
- (Optional) 7:30 - 9 AM: One-on-one Consultations - Sign-up in advance
- 9 - 9:30 AM: Career Industry/Major Networking Breakfast
- 9:35 - 10:05 AM: Breakout Session Block #2 (Choose between two sessions)
- 10:15 - 10:45 AM: Breakout Session Block #3 (Choose between two sessions)
- 10:45 - 11:00 AM: Networking Break
- 11:00 - 11:50 AM: Breakout Session Block #4 (Choose between two sessions)
- 12 - 1:30 PM: Plated Lunch Program
- 1:45 - 2:15 PM: Breakout Session Block #5 (Choose between two sessions)
- 2:25 - 3:15 PM: Breakout Session Block #6 (Choose between two sessions)
- 3:15 - 3:30 PM: Afternoon Snack Break
- 3:30 - 4 PM: Breakout Session Block #7 (Choose between two sessions)
- 4:10 - 4:50 PM: Breakout Session Block #8 (Choose between two sessions)
- 5 - 5:30 PM: Closing Session & Raffle Drawing
- 6 - 8 PM: (Optional) Brotherhood Activity
- The program will take place at the Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel. SigEp has negotiated a deeply discounted rate for attendees at $119 per night plus tax. Make sure you reserve the room(s) for your chapter by Thursday, October 19th to take advantage of this deal and ensure you’re able to stay at the hotel! Click here to make your reservation.
- Parking in the garage adjacent to the hotel is complimentary!
For questions or more information, please contact Pat Githens, Leadership Programs Director.