The campus evaluation metrics below are objective measures utilized to determine if a campus and alumni demonstrate the necessary factors for the successful return of a SigEp chapter.
If you’re interested in SigEp returning to your campus, please work with the relevant university staff member to complete these evaluation metrics. Submit final metrics to the SigEp Expansion and Senior Chapter Services Director.
After these have been review, the Headquarters staff will schedule a time to share their assessment of campus with you.
- Five-year enrollment trend % of those admitted who enroll (ideally more than 3,000 students)
- Percent of applicants admitted to the university
- Percent of high school students graduating in the top 10 percent of their HS class
- Percent of students on need-based financial aid
- Average high school GPA (ACT/SAT)
- Graduation rate (four-year and six-year)
- Enrollment stats for honor college
- Provide the campus’s state ranking
- Provide the campus’s national ranking
- Percent of students live on campus (ideally more than 20 percent)
Current Student GPA
- All-campus average (above 3.0)
- All-men’s average
- All-women’s average
- Percent of men above a 3.0
- Policies and procedures
- Staffing and support
- How many staff members support current chapters? (Specify full-time or graduate students.)
- Is there dedicated support for new expansion projects?
- Conduct report on fraternities and sororities
- Describe university process and responsiveness for organizational conduct cases, including communication throughout the conduct procedure and sanctioning process
- Fraternity and sorority statistics
- # of fraternity and sorority member
- All-Greek GPA
- Recruitment type (open, formal, deferred, etc)
- Housing model (campus owned, alumni owned, unhoused, etc)
- Dues (IFC dues, average fraternity dues amount, etc)
- Performance (is the community growing and improving each year?)
- Describe any recent fraternity and sorority expansions
- Are fraternities that align with SigEp’s philosophies present on campus?
- List any recent campus pause or shutdown on Greek life.
Alumni & Volunteer Support
- Is the AVC incorporated? If so, how often does the AVC meet?
- Potential volunteer recruitment
- Availability of chapter volunteers
- # of volunteers within a 60-mile radius
- Fundraising and cost sharing
- Philosophical alignment
- Understanding of why the chapter was closed
- Balanced Man Program, values-based year-round recruitment and substance-free chapter facilities
- Focused on chapter performance and operations
For the items below, we don’t ask that you submit anything, but we will use them when assessing if we can successfully return to campus.
- What was the nature of previous chapter closure -- will this impact the success of a return to campus?
- Is there a written return agreement with the campus?
- Are there outstanding conduct requirements?
- Are previous members still on campus?
- Are there any related lawsuit and settlement agreements?
- What existing housing is in place, and what are the ownership details?
- Is there an asset protection agreement in place?
- Is there an agreed upon timeline for move-in?
- What is the financial model to support undergraduate operations and a facility?