Last updated: April 14, 2022 | Hiring for: 2023 - 2024 academic year
What it is that you’ll do: Our fraternity services team is made up of three specific traveling roles that allow us to provide the best service in the accomplishment of our mission. Those three roles are listed below. By applying to this job posting, you are expressing interest in all three of these open roles. While we do consider preferences, you would be matched to the role where your knowledge, skills and abilities will position you to be the most impactful.
- Regional director (RD): As an RD, you will be responsible for providing services in recruitment, Balanced Man Program and chapter leadership & culture across a portfolio of 15 to 20 chapters in a designated region in the United States. By effectively engaging and collaborating with stakeholders, you can expect to effectively achieve organizational goals set for each chapter and your portfolio as a whole. Success in this role can be seen in portfolio-wide responsible growth of membership, specialized Balanced Man Programs challenges implemented in each chapter and meaningful, productive chapter cultures in partnership with their host institutions.
- Regional director and volunteer specialist (RDVS): As an RDVS, you will be responsible for providing services in recruitment, Balanced Man Program and chapter leadership & culture for a specialized portfolio of 1 to 4 chapters in a designated region in the United States. By effectively engaging and collaborating with stakeholders, you can expect to effectively achieve organizational goals set for each chapter and your portfolio as a whole. Success in this role can be seen in portfolio-wide responsible growth of membership, specialized Balanced Man Programs challenges implemented in each chapter and meaningful, productive chapter cultures in partnership with their host institutions. RDVS services are paid for by multiple groups of alumni which allows for additional metrics of success based on the terms of the agreement.
- New chapter development director (NCD): As an NCD, you will be responsible for starting up our newest chapter experiences from end to end. By taking full ownership over your site’s recruitment and development, you can expect to effectively establish a legacy for a new chapter that is aspirational to our best chapters. Success in this role can be seen in recruitment performance that outperforms campus competition, plans laid out for an impactful Balanced Man Program and engagement with key alumni, volunteers and university partners throughout the academic term.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in the pursuit of one with an aligned graduation date
- 1+ years of organization leadership experience (SigEp-specific leadership not required)
- Proven track record of success in relationship building
- Goal-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in executing long-term project
- History of engaging key stakeholders
- Ability to be effective both in teams and individually
Compensation and benefits:
- Compensation: Compensation is competitive for entry-level professionals taking into account that, as a traveling staff, gas is expensable for work-related travel and traveling staff are not responsible for rent expenses during their year on the road.
- Professional development: There are significant professional development opportunities facilitated for traveling staff members. Traveling staff members are expected to participate in the 10-week in-person leadership development program over the summer, will be connected with SigEp career mentors and will have facilitated networking support.
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) benefits are opt-in as needed.
- Paid-time Off: Unlimited responsible PTO with manager approval.
- Holidays and breaks: Typically 1 week off for Thanksgiving, 3 weeks off from late December to early January and quarterly week-long staff meetings where traveling staff members are paid to travel back to Richmond, VA to regroup on team goals and wins.
- This is a full-time, exempt, salary position
- 11-month commitment from mid-June to mid-May (specific dates determined each year) with opportunities to promote following completion of the position
- Richmond, VA: From mid-June to mid-August in order to participate in the Kenneth S. Maddox Summer Development program
- Travel within a designated US region: From mid-August to mid-May servicing chapters
Disclaimer: While the services, resources and opportunities we provide are aligned with an established, future-focused strategic plan, the needs of our organization are dynamic and always changing. While this is the most up-to-date posting, thank you for understanding that specific points within this posting are subject to change. For more rapid updates, submit an application if you’re interested and we’ll be in contact or you can email us at email@example.com.