In 1901, twelve men decided the status quo was not good enough and set out to make a change for the better. Their efforts resulted in the birth of Sigma Phi Epsilon. Today, over 115 years later, the Balanced Man Program remains the fruition of our Founders’ dream.
SigEp’s Balanced Man Program provides the structure, support and guidance required for today’s student to fully utilize the 90 percent of college they spend outside of classroom walls. Based on equal rights and responsibilities for all members, the program’s progressive challenges provide brothers the opportunity to grow and fine-tune skills they can’t get in the classroom. Alumni, volunteers and university faculty and administration serve as mentors in the program, providing accountability and support.
Implementing the ideal program is no easy task. Fortunately, there are resources to help your chapter make the most of the BMP:
- The Balanced Man Program App was designed to provide an engaging platform for officers to customize and effectively implement their chapter’s BMP, and for every brother to take ownership of his personal growth and professional development.
- To help brothers and others understand the Balanced Man Program there is a simple One Page Guide to the Balanced Man Program that highlights the main components of the BMP.
- The Balanced Man Program Guide is a comprehensive user's guide that outlines the BMP philosophy, people, process and programming. This guide will help you understand the entirety of the Balanced Man Program.
- Sigma Challenge Resources & Database
- Phi Challenge Database
- Epsilon Challenge Database
- Brother Mentor Challenge Database