Frequently Asked Questions
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about my SigEp experience. Is this project legitimate?
Yes! SigEp has partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an oral history publication to chronicle the history of our Fraternity and further engage our alumni. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas that has produced publications for Greek organizations, colleges, universities and military organizations for almost 100 years. SigEp has partnered with them in the past on an alumni directory project.
When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12-14 months. Since we began the project in March 2022, the books will be distributed in March-May 2023.
Does SigEp benefit from this project?
Yes, in several important ways:
- Alumni engagement – prompts our alumni to reflect on their SigEp experience and strengthen their affinity to the Fraternity
- History – provides an avenue to record the stories of SigEps across the country and from every decade
- Updated information – with over 250,000 living SigEp alumni, it’s critical to keep our data updated so we can share important updates about the Fraternity with our members
- Book sales – provide resources needed to provide life-changing SigEp programs for undergraduates
What can I expect when I call in?
You will speak with a representative at PCI and be asked to verify your contact information so SigEp can stay in touch with you. With 250,000 living alumni, keeping our records up-to-date is an important priority! Then, you'll have the opportunity to share your SigEp story and talk about what your membership in the Fraternity has meant to you. Your story will be considered for inclusion in the Oral History Publication. The PCI representative will then provide you with several options to purchase the Oral History Publication book and other SigEp-related merchandise. Note that, while the final publication will be a unique memento of our Fraternity's history, there is absolutely no obligation to make a purchase.
Can I send my story to Headquarters directly?
To ensure your story is recorded for the publication, please call the phone number listed on your postcard or email. PCI will record, transcribe and edit your story to consider it for inclusion in the final publication. Please don't send stories directly to a Headquarters staff member as PCI is collecting thousands of alumni stories in order to produce the book.
How do I know my information is secure?
I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time with Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated SigEp Oral History Project line at 1-866-580-0818.
Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com.
I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time through Aug. 26, 2022, to share your story.
I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) and captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
Can anyone purchase a book?
The Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity Oral History Publication is available for sale only to SigEp members.
I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590, and they will take care of this for you.