The Excelsior Award is presented to chapters that show significant improvement in a specific area of chapter operations.
These areas include:
- Volunteers: Supporting undergraduates and alumni in achieving sustainable success in each area of core operations.
- Recruitment: Consistently bringing in new members to the organization who meet high standards that align with the Fraternity’s values and represent the top talent on campus.
- Member Development: Facilitating an experience that provides members with the skills and growth opportunities they need to lead a successful life during and after college.
- Academics: Fostering a culture of success in the classroom by providing structured academic programming, restorative support, and partnerships with university staff and resources.
- Finances: Implementing financial procedures that include timely collection, strong oversight and proper fiscal allocation that align with SigEp’s values supporting a positive membership experience.
- Risk Management: Establishing a safe and healthy environment for brothers and friends of the Fraternity.
- Housing: Fostering a safe, healthy, living-learning community that supports an unparalleled membership experience.
- Standards and Accountability: Supporting a culture where all members live in accordance with the values and expectations of the Fraternity and their university.
- Chapter Leadership: Improved chapter operations that can be directly traced back to improvements in organizational leadership management and support.
A Revere bowl is awarded to the recipients at the Carlson Leadership Academies each spring.