The chapter counselor is responsible for coordinating volunteer support to mentor members of the undergraduate chapter. He or she provides the continuity necessary to ensure long-term chapter success. As an appointee of the district governor, the chapter counselor is also charged with upholding the Fraternity’s Grand Chapter Bylaws and Administrative Policies and Procedures.
The priorities of the chapter counselor are to:
- Ensure stable operations of the chapter, aligned with the Fraternity’s bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Advise the undergraduate executive board in both leading and managing the operations of the chapter.
- Facilitate regular goal setting, and hold officers accountable to their goals.
- Maintain focus on the chapter’s long term goals.
- Support the officer election process and coordinate an officer transition retreat.
- Encourage chapter member participation in Fraternity leadership events.
- Coordinate individual mentors for every member of the undergraduate executive board.
- Mentor the chaplain and Standards Board.
- Be visible to all members of the chapter by attending chapter meetings and member development events.
- Communicate the performance, opportunities and concerns of the chapter to the AVC.
- Coordinate with the university’s Greek life office.
A great chapter counselor is committed to the success and growth of an undergraduate chapter, and is a regular presence at both chapter and executive board meetings. He or she is familiar with the needs of today’s undergraduate college males, and has enough separation from the members of the chapter to provide objective advice and support.
The chapter counselor will work closely with the:
- District governor
- AVC president
- Recruitment mentor
- Balanced Man steward
- Faculty fellow
- Resident scholar
- Chapter president
The chapter counselor should be familiar with all areas of chapter operations, as well as the roles and responsibilities of the undergraduate chapter officers. For more information, visit the following pages.
|Mentoring undergraduates||Chapter standards and bylaws|
|Balanced Man Program||Officer transitions|
|Academics||Marketing and branding|