The Alumni and Volunteer Corporation (AVC) vice president of relations is responsible for all alumni, volunteer and donor cultivation efforts. This includes providing alumni with a continued connection to Sigma Phi Epsilon by developing and promoting volunteer and networking opportunities, and managing consistent alumni-focused communications. Additionally, the vice president of relations engages parents, university faculty and staff, and community leaders to support the chapter.
The priorities of the vice president of relations are to:
- Recruit volunteers to the AVC.
- Schedule and coordinate annual alumni events.
- Provide regular alumni-focused communications across all media platforms, including a regular, hard-copy newsletter.
- Manage and promote a consistent annual campaign to support chapter scholarship and housing funds.
- Perform the duties of the AVC president in his absence.
- Act as an ex-officio member on all standing and special committees of the corporation.
- Lead the AVC alumni relations committee.
- Work with the parents of undergraduates to organize a parents committee.
- Mentor a chapter leader, if needed.
A great vice president of relations has excellent communication, sales and management skills, with the ability to recruit alumni, community members and parents as volunteers. Good candidates for this position can explain SigEp to a wide variety of audiences, and have experience in donor cultivation, fundraising, public relations, recruiting or sales.
The vice president of relations will work closely with:
- AVC PresidentAVC Secretary
- Chapter counselor
- Vice president of programming
- Vice president of communications
- District governor
The AVC treasurer should be familiar with many of the resources available through the Fraternity. For more information, visit the following pages: