mySigEp, launching this May, is a new digital space to manage your contact information, interact with your chapter or AVC, and easily login to your other SigEp platforms like the BMP App and greekbill. As a member or volunteer, you'll be able to:
- Update your personal contact information
- Add employment history, manage your education history, and log your volunteer history
- Access a SigEp directory to stay in touch with old brothers and update lost email addresses or physical addresses
- Manage your rosters in one central location
- Communicate with your alumni-base to gather volunteer support or cultivate potential donors through a mass email system
- View your SigEp donor history and any outstanding pledges
- Log in with a single password and email address (without a .sigep!) for mySigEp, BMP App and greekbill
As we introduce new tools to manage your fraternity experience, we'll be making an entire database transition simultaneously. Many of the platforms that you're familiar with, including the old officer portal and BMP App will be unavailable during this time. The ability to register and pay for new members will be temporarily inaccessible as well.
We’re excited to announce that development is in progress on the next round of enhancements for the Balanced Man Program App. This round of enhancements will address feedback around the core functionality of the app – logging in, creating and deploying challenges, and approving activities all become easier to do so you can spend more time investing in each other.
To do this well, the BMP App must come offline to allow our developers to rewrite several functions of the app. Beginning April 10, the app will be inaccessible for a period of time. When the app comes back online in time for the Fall semester, you’ll be able to pick up where you left off.
Check out some of the enhancements below:
- Your members get access to the app faster – The number of days it takes for a new member to get registered, paid for, and receive access to the BMP App currently takes far too long. When the app comes back online, your members will receive access on day 1 after registering, and the chapter will be automatically invoiced for the lifetime membership fee.
- Backend processes run faster – Whether you're the vice president of member development, a challenge coordinator, or Balanced Man Steward, providing you the correct access and permissions in the App has historically been a manual, convoluted process. Our developers are building functionality that automatically ensures you have the right access at the right time.
- Coordinators can approve activities under review on one page – Approving activities should be easy, and challenge coordinators shouldn't have to receive 15 emails about it. Through the creation of a single centralized page, challenge coordinators will be able to approve all activities under review on one page to empower your members to more quickly advance through their challenges and focus on what's next.
- Roster sync established across platforms – Through a partnership with ChapterSpot, we're also developing a new self-service portal, where you can manage your rosters and see more detailed statistics about your chapter. Your roster will automatically sync between this portal and the BMP App, ensuring that current brothers are the only ones that have access to your app. Resigned, expelled, graduated? They'll be automatically removed from the BMP App once you update your roster.
- Log in with a single username and password for all SigEp systems – Our users already have enough platforms to remember their username and passwords for, and can't remember to add ".sigep" to the end of their usernames. Why complicate things? Included in this round of enhancements is single-sign-on functionality with your newly established Fraternity-Sorority ID (FSID) ... coming this May. You'll now be able to use the same sign-on information for all SigEp platforms – the BMP App, greekbill and your new member portal.
and many more...
Stay tuned for more updates on the BMP App. We've come a long way in just a few years and are excited to introduce the next version of the BMP App for you this fall.
If you missed the announcement, earlier this year, we started a new partnership with greekbill, a financial solutions company focused on helping your chapter collect dues and manage your budgeting process. The sign-up process only takes about 5 minutes to get started with this new service, and their team can easily help you transfer from your current system over to theirs. When you sign up your chapter for greekbill, your roster will automatically sync across all SigEp's platforms – update it once in mySigEp, and you'll see the changes reflected in the BMP App and within greekbill so you can make sure you're collecting dues from those that are currently in your chapter.
With greekbill, you can:
- Update your chapter roster in mySigEp, and in real-time, those updates will sync to greekbill to make things like chapter dues collection easier.
- Create and manage chapter and AVC budgets and track cash flow in real time
- File your taxes online, including preparing/renewing your 990 (this one is super important, so your chapter doesn’t get its non-profit status revoked by the IRS)
- Or, if your chapter has lost its non-profit status, greekbill is primed and ready to help you get it back
- Load purchase cards to pay bills, make purchases and regulate cash access
- Link bank accounts and automatically download transaction and bank statements
- Bill members and collect dues with a click of a button
Beginning May 12, chapter officers and volunteers will begin receiving invites to "claim your account" with mySigEp. Through a single-sign-on platform called Fraternity-Sorority ID (FSID), you will sign in for the first time and find your user in our database. Once in, you'll have access to a whole new set of features! All members will receive email invitations to the new mySigEp platform by the end of May.
Stay tuned for additional updates and training modules on how to update and access the most important information in mySigEp. We can't wait for you to get in and explore! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.