What happens to the registration fee I’ve already paid?
If you’re already registered for the event, you have three options:
- We can transfer your registration to the new event, if postponed.
- You can request a full refund.
- You can designate all of or a portion of the registration fee as a donation to the SigEp Educational Foundation and it will be added to your giving record.
Once we have next steps for the event, staff will reach out to all current registrants to find out their preference.
What happens to the money I’ve already paid for excursions (golf, swamp tour, or brunch/Mardi Gras World)?
You have the same options as your registration fee: transfer to the new event dates (if postponed), request a full refund or donate the money to the SigEp Foundation. Again, once we have next steps for the event, staff will reach out to you and find out your preference. If there are any changes to our excursions because of a possible date change, we will let you know at that time.
What about the hotel reservation I submitted with my event registration?
Staff is working with our host hotel, The Eliza Jane, and will ensure any room reservations requested during the registration process are canceled - there will be no cancellation fee or penalty. If you made your own room reservation directly with The Eliza Jane or another hotel, please reach out to the hotel and discuss options; almost all hotels waived cancellation fees, even for those booked with advance payment. Don’t hesitate to reach out to staff if you encounter any problems or have questions.
If we are already registered and the event is postponed, will we be obligated to attend?
No, although we certainly hope to celebrate with you in the Big Easy!
If postponed, will the schedule be the same for the new dates?
We planned an amazing weekend for everyone in New Orleans and hope, if the event is postponed, we can still adhere to the schedule we created. We will update everyone on the new schedule once we understand next steps.
When will we know if there will be a BoG Weekend later this year?
As you can imagine, our partners in New Orleans are working with many groups with upcoming events that are either postponing or canceling. Additionally, these are unprecedented times, so we are working with our legal counsel to ensure we are making the best decisions for our donors’ money and safety. We do not know when we will have a final decision on whether or not the event will happen later this year, but we do promise to let you know as soon as possible!