Position title: Director of Annual Giving
Reports to: Foundation Operations Director
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Overall responsibility: Dramatically improve the educational foundation’s capacity to provide life-changing experiences through consistent implementation of quality cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Develop and execute a multi-year strategic fundraising plan that broadens SigEp’s donor base and increases the consistent, annual support from SigEp alumni, undergraduates and non-member constituents.
- Manage a portfolio of leadership level annual fund donors, with special emphasis on identification, donor retention, and increased giving year-to-year.
- Design and implement plans for SigEp’s annual Founders Day of Giving, including: writing scripts and key messages for social media, recruiting fundraising ambassadors, securing challenge gifts, etc.
- Manage relationship with third party service provider to execute a data-driven direct mail campaign, including: defining donor audiences, determining segmentation, drafting inspiring stories and compelling “asks” support by powerful imagery.
- Collaborate with SigEp’s Donor Relations Manager to define and implement an intentional and sincere annual donor stewardship strategy, with special attention towards leadership-level annual donors.
- Plan and execute, in collaboration with other teams, donor events that inspire greater commitment to the Foundation’s mission and grow affinity to the organization.
- Engage volunteers in fundraising efforts to achieve their buy-in and support while also increasing the number of annual solicitations.
- Appropriately engage SigEp’s information management team to maintain donor data integrity and enhance donor records to empower more personalized interaction in future solicitation and stewardship efforts.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in donor relations, fundraising, business development or sales;
- Exposure to higher education and/or non-profit membership organization operations (Greek life affiliation and volunteer experience preferred);
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce CRM (or other donor management software).
- Impeccable listening and communication (both verbal and written) skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage short-term and long-term projects;
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts;
- Ability to collaborate with various constituencies.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Emily Millhiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.